Software Developer – Big Data
Riversand Technologies is a Master Data Management (MDM) Visionary and a Product Information Management (PIM) Leader. We are a team of passionate people who are rethinking the way MDM and PIM work. We have recently raised $35 million in series A funding. Over the next two years, we will be on a trajectory for an accelerated product innovation and growth. If you are Technical Lead with prior experience working in diverse projects and looking to expand your software development knowledge and advance their career in Data Management and Analytics, then now is the right time to join Riversand. The applications you will be developing will power enterprises worldwide, in a variety of industries including Retail, Manufacturing, Distribution, Energy, Healthcare, and Food Services.
As a Software Developer – Big Data, you will provide superior technical implementation expertise on your project and improve the experience our clients have with Riversand solutions
Here are some of your responsibilities, we would like to know what else you can add to this.
- You need to have a passion for technology, an eye for detail and take pride to master the use cases of your module in the product
- You are delivery focused and would deliver as estimated with the quality expected
- You will build reusable code and libraries and be willing to refactor continuously
- You will develop, review and optimize the applications for performance and scalability
- You will develop software in collaboration with other developers and product management.
If what you read so far excites you about joining us, then we would like you to be already equipped with the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Worked on any one or more technologies for data management use case [not analytics] like Elastic Search, Apache Solr, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Hbase, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark and Apache Cassandra
- Minimum of 2 years in Java development
- Strong OO Programming and OO Design concepts knowledge
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Strong unit/integration testing experience
- Strong analytical and logical skills including troubleshooting
- Prior experience developing and shipping a shrink-wrap or SaaS product a plus
- Open Source contributions a plus
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure and Docker a plus
What’s in it for you?
- We foster a Collaborative work environment. You will enjoy learning and sharing with other creative and analytical minds
- We provide an opportunity for you to experiment and fail fast
- We want to make sure you get a competitive compensation and benefits
- Riversand client roster features high profile enterprises which will provide you with industry-specific insights into data management and analysis
- Beyond work, we compete at local 5ks, 10ks and have fun at various sporting events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Individuals seeking employment at Riversand Technologies are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.