• Responsible for design and development of UI and related Tiers in multi-tiered, scalable applications in the traditional as well as Cloud based environments.
• Provides knowledge leadership in UI technology standards and architectural governance. Provides guidance to project teams regarding UI guiding principles, system and application design, coding and design standards, best practices, and system performance and availability.
• Technical assessment in all (e.g. platforms, tool proliferation, age of underlying technologies, uptime/availability, business processes)
• Drive the technical strategy and lead team(s) in meeting the strategic objectives. Foster high performing technical teams. Identify and recruit technical leaders into the organization
• Designs complex systems at the component level, makes strategic technology choices, and directly supervises the quality of designs and implementation inside and between components
• Influence development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned architecture(s).Collaborates effectively with peer architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas and resolves technological disagreement. Arbitrates disagreements among engineers and make decisions where needed convincing the team.
• Support and create a standard Framework for development projects, Common Library of Re-use components. • Lead collaboration efforts and Mentor other developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
• Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
• Directives and Framework to consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
• Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Participate in critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
• Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Serve as a technical expert in one or more areas and provide technical guidance and reviews to junior team members.
• 8+ years of software development experience using traditional software development life cycle methodologies (covering requirements, design, development, testing and Implementation of n-tier architecture) as well as more current methodologies such as Agile (RUP, XP, SCRUM, Iterative Development).
• Extensive experience with object-oriented UI Tier software development methodologies and practices. Ability to design and implement Multi Browser UI Frameworks development, UI Unit Tests, UI Diagnostics and Performance, Control development
• Must have exposure with Test Driven Development/Re-factoring ideas/ Domain driven design patterns/continuous integration/Build Automation / Data-Mapper framework/Mocks. Background in implementing n-tier, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and MVP/MVC architecture. Product conceptualization to realization. Must have worked with .Net based Products for at least 4 years.
• Well versed with Refactoring Tools, Unit Test Tools, UML based Design Tools, Data Modeling Tools
• Demonstrated expertise in a Microsoft Technology based solutions /platform and broad overview knowledge of multiple technologies/platforms. Proven ability to drive results with emphasis on reducing cycle time and increasing speed to market of new products. Must have ability to actively contribute to the exchange of ideas. Must have strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context. Some technical certification preferred.
• In depth knowledge and work experience HTML, JQuery, CSS, XML, JSON Asp.net, C#, WCF. • Formal testing and software quality assurance experience including complete testing cycle (unit, application, integration, user acceptance).
• Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related fields. OR • At least 8 years of work experience in the software industry with extensive software architecture